Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: Passage Indexing Won’t Look Different From Normal Search Result Snippets
Since Google announced passage indexing (ranking) many assumed they would look different in the search results. But no, they won’t look any different according to Danny Sullivan of Google. Danny told me on Twitter that passage indexing “doesn’t change the look of results.”
- Google: Nosnippet Tag Won’t Prevent Passage Indexing From Ranking
Google’s Danny Sullivan has said that using the nosnippet tag won’t prevent your pages or passages from your pages from being ranked in Google Search. Danny Sullivan said on Twitter “you can’t use it to block parts of a page from being indexed for ranking.”
- Google Search Console Issue Validation May Be Working
A couple of weeks ago we reported that Google Search Console said “issue validation is temporarily disabled due to upcoming changes in the report.” Well, it might be working for some folks, even back when I first reported it. Note – the message is still posted in the coverage report section but submitting the “validate fix” command may end up working.
- Google Knowledge Panel Types Option Leads To Featured Snippets
Mordy Oberstein spotted a feature, that may or may not be new, where Google is showing a “types” filter in the knowledge panel that ultimately loads featured snippets below it. I can replicate it but here is a video cast of it in action from Mordy on Twitter:
- Google Search Console Team Breaks Down Structure & Development
In the last Google Search Console training video series of the year, Daniel Waisberg of Google brought in a special guest, the Engineering lead for Search Console – Hillel Maoz. In this video they discuss a bit of what happens behind the scenes.
- Happy Holidays From Peter The Greeter Of Google
Here is the smiliest Googler, Peter the Greeter, who has for a couple of years camped outside Google welcoming/greeting folks to the GooglePlex, Google’s Mountain View office. Here he is with an old
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- The Search Central Help Community is now available in Chinese in addition to 13 other languages across the world. Calling all Chinese content creators to join the new community to help each other create g, Google’s Product Experts Program on Twitter
- Yeah, that’s our recommended approach. Keep a persistent “current information” URL, move older versions into a linked archive., John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
- Video: Joe Beccalori on the importance of blending SEO with other digital marketing
- Some early observations on the Google December core update
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
- Google and Facebook face antitrust reckoning — here’s what could happen in 2021, CNBC
- How blind Google engineer handles challenge of working remotely, SFChronicle
- Why Apple didn’t acquire Tesla. They don’t need to…, J.P. Scott
Links & Content Marketing
Local & Maps
- How to Use Map Plus Codes to Drive Traffic to Alternate Locations – Like Side-Streets and Adjacent Lots, Business 2 Community
Mobile & Voice
- Apple makes important change to HomePod mini but fails to tell anyone, PhoneArena
- In 2021, I want to see a truly mobile (and useful) version of Alexa, Android Central
- LG’s latest fridge will open at your command, Android Police
- Voice Assistants Can Store And Leak Texts Typed On Smartphones, Latest Hacking News
- Everything Google’s John Mueller said about links in 2020, Rise at Seven
- How to Get Google to Index Your Site (Faster), SEM Rush
- Ad-Tech Industry Is ‘Paralyzed’ by Vague Proposals From Google, AdWeek
- Using Auction Insights For Better PPC Competitor Analysis, iLounge
Facebook fighting against disinformation: Launch new options
Meta, the parent company of Facebook, has dismantled new malicious networks that used vaccine debates to harass professionals or sow division in some countries, a sign that disinformation about the pandemic, spread for political ends, is on the wane not.
“They insulted doctors, journalists and elected officials, calling them supporters of the Nazis because they were promoting vaccines against the Covid, ensuring that compulsory vaccination would lead to a dictatorship of health,” explained Mike Dvilyanski, director investigations into emerging threats, at a press conference on Wednesday.
He was referring to a network linked to an anti-vaccination movement called “V_V”, which the Californian group accuses of having carried out a campaign of intimidation and mass harassment in Italy and France, against health figures, media and politics.
The authors of this operation coordinated in particular via the Telegram messaging system, where the volunteers had access to lists of people to target and to “training” to avoid automatic detection by Facebook.
Their tactics included leaving comments under victims’ messages rather than posting content, and using slightly changed spellings like “vaxcinati” instead of “vaccinati”, meaning “people vaccinated” in Italian.
The social media giant said it was difficult to assess the reach and impact of the campaign, which took place across different platforms.
This is a “psychological war” against people in favor of vaccines, according to Graphika, a company specializing in the analysis of social networks, which published Wednesday a report on the movement “V_V”, whose name comes from the Italian verb “vivere” (“to live”).
“We have observed what appears to be a sprawling populist movement that combines existing conspiratorial theories with anti-authoritarian narratives, and a torrent of health disinformation,” experts detail.
They estimate that “V_V” brings together some 20,000 supporters, some of whom have taken part in acts of vandalism against hospitals and operations to interfere with vaccinations, by making medical appointments without honoring them, for example.
Change on Facebook
Facebook announces news that will facilitate your sales and purchases on the social network.
Mark Zuckerberg, the boss of Facebook, announced that the parent company would now be called Meta, to better represent all of its activities, from social networks to virtual reality, but the names of the different services will remain unchanged. A month later, Meta is already announcing news for the social network.
The first is the launch of online stores in Facebook groups. A “Shop” tab will appear and will allow members to buy products directly through the group in question.
Other features have been communicated with the aim of facilitating e-commerce within the social network, such as the display of recommendations and a better mention of products or even Live Shopping. At this time, no date has been announced regarding the launch of these new options.
In the light of recent features, the company wants to know the feedback from its users through the survey same like what Tesco doing to get its customers feedback via Tesco Views Survey. However, the company is still about this feedback will announce sooner than later in this regard.
How TikTok Creators Redefined Influence [Infographic]
This Week on Xbox: New Games, Upcoming Releases, and Events
How A Solid Content Strategy Can Empower Your Team [Podcast]
Meta Announces ‘Recurring Notifications’ for Business Messaging, a Significant Shift in its Platform Approach
Marketing operations talent is suffering burnout and turnover
Google Says Don’t Get Hung Up About Toxic Links
How Hotels and Resorts are Adopting Virtual and Augmented Reality
5 Tips To Capture Last Minute Ecommerce Sales
Product Market Fit with Scott Cunningham [VIDEO]
Xbox, Dolmen, Multiplayer, and You
LinkedIn Adds Live Captions for Audio Events, Custom URL Listings on Creator Profiles
LinkedIn Shares New Insights into the Brand Benefits of Adopting Sustainability Best Practices [Infographic]
Six Ways to Adjust Google Ads to Save Budget
Google Search With Larger Images Again On Desktop Results
Daily Search Forum Recap: May 2, 2022
How Does Google Multisearch Affect SEO?
Where To Invest In SEO For Maximum Impact
Start an Affiliate Marketing Side Hustle to Bring in Passive Income
How to Write the Perfect Page Title With SEO in Mind
Google Says You Can Use Hashtags In Meta Descriptions
SEARCHENGINES5 days ago
Google Search Console Performance Reports Logs Additional Desktop Features
PPC3 days ago
Three Key Moments You Can’t Miss at Hero Conf London 2022
SEO4 days ago
Google Ads Makes Automation Easier With Scripts Updates
MARKETING3 days ago
What is Conversation Intelligence and Facts you didnt know About the Software?