Pinterest today revealed the top 100 trends for 2020, including trends for food, home, style, beauty, health, travel, and family. Pinterest has 320 million users worldwide.
Today, Pinterest also launched Pinterest Trends, a tool that gives a view of the top US search terms within the past 12 months in Pinterest.
The top 100 trends for 2020
- Gender neutral names list, +301%
- Unisex gender neutral kids clothes, +119%
- Gender neutral party themes, +35%
- Kids playroom ideas gender neutral, +75%
- Unisex nursery gender neutral, +527%
- Androgynous wedding dress, +51%
- Tuxedo dress, +99%
- Gender neutral haircut, +625%
- Inclusive education posters, +91%
- Androgyne flag, +33%
- Climate change protest signs, +5961%
- Low-waste lifestyle, +446%
- Eco-friendly swaps, +172%
- Thrifted home decor, +308%
- Ocean trash art, +39%
- Thrifted wedding dress, +41%
- Solar light crafts, +427%
- Secondhand fashion, +38%
- Low-waste wedding, +235%
- Thrift store crafts, +2276%
- Self discovery journal prompts, +147%
- Social media detox, +314%
- Embrace being single, +49%
- Chicory root benefits, +91%
- Art therapy activities, +444%
- Sea moss benefits, +380%
- Mood booster playlist, +85%
- Ylang ylang essential oil benefits, +91%
- Feng shui decor, +137%
- Cucumber juice benefits, +99%
- Spanish style bathrooms, +309%
- Indian living rooms, +2080%
- French antiques, +384%
- Australian garden landscaping, +781%
- Japanese soaking tubs, +563%
- Macedonian food, +509%
- Filipino desserts, +76%
- Arabic sweets, +407%
- West African food, +311%
- Kerala food breakfast, +78%
- Pet resort, +260%
- Dog patio ideas apartment, +131%
- Cat playground outdoor, +512%
- Dog toilet area garden, +214%
- Goat playground ideas pallet playhouse, +150%
- Blind dog halo DIY, +97%
- Pet fashion, +199%
- Cat bday party ideas, +156%
- Dog safe cake recipe, +167%
- Pet memorials, +261%
- Train travel, +107%
- Zero waste travel essentials, +48%
- Weekend staycation, +38%
- Eco city concept, +47%
- Eco friendly travel, +73%
- Agritourism ideas, +57%
- Abroad education, +32%
- Ecotourism architecture, +31%
- Travel stories, +125%
- Reduce carbon footprint tips, +86%
- Lake fishing tips, +274%
- Rockhounding, +185%
- Rabbit hutches, +191%
- Nature travel, +253%
- Bushcraft camping, +1069%
- Aurora borealis northern lights, +90%
- Outdoor kitchen bars, +2795%
- Outdoor play areas, +550%
- Bring outdoors inside, +108%
- Hiking fashion, +194%
- Astrology party theme, +247%
- Two the moon birthday party, +589%
- Galaxy themed birthday party, +341%
- Pipe cleaner constellations, +102%
- STEM space activities for kids, +135%
- Easy galaxy painting, +157%
- NASA hoodie, +106%
- Piercing ear constellation, +112%
- Geometric space tattoos, +267%
- Planet makeup, +217%
- 90s cartoons, +227%
- 90s outfit party hip hop, +322%
- 90s fashion grunge, +292%
- 90s music artists, +165%
- Lip liner and gloss, +144%
- Hair clips 90s, +930%
- Y2K outfits, +669%
- 90s braids hairstyles, +329%
- Streetwear 90s, +277%
- Hair scrunchie, +6309%
Unveiling our first MarTech Intelligence Report on email marketing platforms
Email has always held a special place in my heart, perhaps because it seems so taken for granted in the digital marketing world. It’s been around too long to benefit from “shiny new object” syndrome, yet its true believers are fully appreciative of its power. What else delivers an ROI of $36 for every $1 spent, after all?
We hope you’ll take this opportunity to download this free buyers’ guide that looks at today’s email marketing technology and walks you through what you should consider before adopting a new platform or making the switch from your current provider.
Email marketing platforms and financial activity
The big marketing cloud providers, Adobe, Oracle, Salesforce as well as Acoustic and Zeta made investments in email by acquiring standalone players – some more recently than others.
Though the email category is well established, there are still plenty of investors who believe marketers are looking for innovations. In the last few years, many players in the space have attracted venture funding, while mergers and acquisition activity shows how email increasingly works together with other marketing technologies.
In May of 2021, Klayvio closed $320 million in Series D financing at a $9.5 billion valuation, just six months after its Series C of $200 million, according to Techcrunch, which says the next-gen email provider has taken in $675 million in all.
ActiveCampaign has received $360 million in VC funding through three rounds, Techcrunch says, with the most recent round of $240 million (at an over $3 billion valuation) coming in April 2021.
Iterable’s latest funding round occurred in June of 2021, which was reported to be $200 million. In total, Techcrunch reports the company has attracted $342.2 million in financing.
Meanwhile, Sendinblue’s latest funding round, a reported $160 million, occurred in September 2020.
Prior to that, the latest period of significant activity in the email space was 2018, when Braze brought in $80 million in October and Cordial took in $15 million in June.
Get the daily newsletter digital marketers rely on.
Mergers and acquisitions
Consolidation activity has been even higher in the past few years. The biggest blockbuster deal was Intuit’s acquisition of Mailchimp for $12 billion, announced in September of 2021, though Mailchimp is more focused on small and medium-sized businesses than enterprise customers.
In the same space, and also that month, Constant Contact finalized a deal to acquire email automation provider SharpSpring, following that up in January of 2022 with an agreement to acquire Australian SMS and email platform Vision6, a deal expected to close later in 2022.
Other recent big news involves the CM Group’s merger with Cheetah Digital, announced in October of 2021 and finalized in February of 2022. CM Group is also the parent of Campaign Monitor and Emma, among other related marketing technology brands like Sailthru. CM Group is majority-owned by Insight Partners.
For its part, Zeta Global acquired surveying tool Appness in October 2021. In 2019, the company purchased AI and content classification company Temnos in January, data management platform (DMP) and demand-side platform (DSP) Sizmek in April. It snapped up location data company PlaceIQ in July.
Validity acquired email analytics and deliverability provider 250ok in February 2020, cementing its deliverability and data quality capabilities. The company has previously acquired Return Path (2019), BriteVerify (2018), CRMfusion (2019) and AppBuddy (2019).
In our new MarTech Intelligence Report, you’ll learn more about these companies and their technologies, so you can determine which solution best meets your business’ needs. Download it today!
Using The Jobs To Be Done (JTBD) Framework For SEO Content
Unveiling our first MarTech Intelligence Report on email marketing platforms
Mastering SEO with Jena Apgar [VIDEO]
Launch into the Minecraft Angry Birds DLC Now in the Minecraft Marketplace
Using Python + Streamlit To Find Striking Distance Keyword Opportunities
Twitter adds warning labels to false Ukraine war posts
The Meaning of Employee Relations
Google Knowledge Panel Spam Or A Google Bug?
Google Launches Tool For Practicing Job Interviews
How product analytics can unite marketing and product teams to boost customer lifetime value
LinkedIn Adds Live Captions for Audio Events, Custom URL Listings on Creator Profiles
LinkedIn Shares New Insights into the Brand Benefits of Adopting Sustainability Best Practices [Infographic]
Google Ads Automated Rules Conditions Not Sticking
Six Ways to Adjust Google Ads to Save Budget
How to Win Potential Consumers with Customer Journey Mapping on Google
Google Search With Larger Images Again On Desktop Results
Daily Search Forum Recap: May 2, 2022
How Does Google Multisearch Affect SEO?
Where To Invest In SEO For Maximum Impact
Start an Affiliate Marketing Side Hustle to Bring in Passive Income
SEO7 days ago
What’s A Good Cost Per Acquisition (CPA)? Ask The PPC
PPC2 days ago
Three Key Moments You Can’t Miss at Hero Conf London 2022
SEARCHENGINES4 days ago
Google Search Console Performance Reports Logs Additional Desktop Features
SEO3 days ago
Google Ads Makes Automation Easier With Scripts Updates