We’ve aggregated many of the world’s best growth marketers into one community. Twice a month, we ask them to share their most effective growth tactics, and we compile them into this Growth Report.
This is how you stay up-to-date on growth marketing tactics — with advice that’s hard to find elsewhere.
Without further ado, on to our community’s advice.
Analysis of YouTube trending videos
Insights from Ammar Alyousfi.
We reviewed an analysis of every trending YouTube video from 2019. Here are some of our learnings:
- 95% of videos took less than 13 days to appear on the trending list. The minimum number of views needed for a video to trend was 53,796.
- Videos stay on the trending list for ~5.6 days after publishing.
- The top three categories for trending videos are entertainment (28.6%), music (14%) and sports (10.4%).
- Videos posted on Saturday are the least likely to trend.
Don’t forget to transcribe podcasts
Google Home App Gets an Overhaul, Rolling Out Soon
Google refreshes its Home app with a slew of new features after launching a new Nest gear. This makes it faster and easier to pair smart devices with Matter, adds customization and personalization options, an enhanced Nest camera experience, and better intercommunication between devices.
This revamped Home app utilizes Google’s Matter smart home standard – launching later this year – especially the Fast Pair functionality. On an Android phone, it will instantly recognize a Matter device and allow you to easily set it up, bypassing the current procedure that is often slow and difficult. Google is also updating its Nest speakers, displays, and routers – to control Matter devices better.
Google Home App New Features
- Spaces: This feature allows you to control multiple devices in different rooms. Google has listed a few things by room: kitchen, bedroom, living room, etc., although it’s pretty limited right now. Spaces let you organize devices how you see fit. For instance, you can set up a baby monitor in one room and set a different room’s camera to focus on an area the baby often plays. With Spaces, you can categorize these two devices into one Space category called ‘Baby.’
- Favorites: This one is pretty self-explanatory. It allows you to make certain gears as a favorite that you frequently use. Doing so will bring those devices into the limelight within the Google Home app for easier access.
- Media: Google adds a new media widget at the bottom of your Home feed. This will automatically determine what media is playing in your home and provide you with the appropriate controls as and when needed. There will be song controls if you listen to music on your speakers. There will be television remote controls if you’re watching TV.
Google probably won’t roll out this Home app makeover anytime soon. But you can try it for yourself in the coming week by enrolling in the public preview, available in select areas.
Google Settles Consumer Privacy Lawsuit For $85 Million
5 Elements of Content That Will Build Brand Recall
Meta Will Shut Down its Newsletter Platform Early Next Year
Instagram Is Now Putting Ads In Your Profile Feed
Wild Google Organic Ranking Swings With Google Algorithm Updates
How to Expand Your eCommerce Business Globally
Content Marketers Share Salaries, Career Paths, and More in 2023 [New Research]
Meta Shares Insights into How Consumers View the Next Big Tech Shifts, Including the Metaverse
Is RankBrain A Ranking Factor In Google Search?
How Computer Vision Paired with AR Can Be Used for Navigation Aide
Explore the Path to Digital Future: Interconnect, Integrate and Innovate
Google Updates Documentation On Meta Descriptions
Daily Search Forum Recap: September 5, 2022
7 Tips For Creating Instagram Story Ads That Convert
Daily Search Forum Recap: September 30, 2022
How To Launch Your First Google Ads Remarketing Campaign
Microsoft Advertising Gains Pinterest Import, More Google Imports, & More
Google Again Says Spikes In Crawling Activity Not A Sign Of The Helpful Content Update Rollout
The Ultimate Timeline of Google Algorithm Updates (+ Recommendations)
Confusion Over Google Search Console’s HTTPS Is Invalid And Might Prevent It From Being Indexed