Sometimes SEO and other marketing integration can be overlooked when you’re doing migrations or other developmental projects, especially on the ecommerce side.
Holistically, you can’t do one without the other. So the search engine and conversion pieces are equally as important as the technology pieces.
Ethan Giffin, the founder and CEO of Baltimore-based Groove Commerce, joined me on the SEJ Show to discuss overall SEO for ecommerce & DTCs, Google Merchant Center / Shopping, the importance of CRO & Upsells for SEO (and other channels), and ways to prepare for the 2022 Holiday Shopping season.
Shopify Plus can be a good fit if you have a simple business. However, you need more customization if you have a more complex interaction with more business rules and logic. Big-commerce people generally float over to the big commerce side of things. –Ethan Giffin, 12:38
Programmatically create the best framework. The best framework is thinking about how the template is laid out. What is the hierarchy of the template, what are the components, and how do the sites link together from an internal linking standpoint? So I’m just a believer that many things we did back in the day still work. –Ethan Giffin, 16:11
Suppose you’re new to a company and you hear a migration. In that case, hopefully, there are archives within the company that people used before you. There are lists of the redirects that were integrated and implemented into the site. Just cleaning that history up can be incredibly impactful. But again, it gets into human behavior and the ability to make things more efficient. –Loren Baker, 20:37
[00:00] – About Ethan.
[12:14] – Most commonly overlooked issues during migration.
[24:44] – An essential factor to consider in building an ecommerce site.
[31:48] – What to do when a product is no longer sold.
[35:18] – FAQ schema recommendation.
[37:23] – What is rendering on the ecommerce side?
[41:29] – Recommendation on optimizing from an ad script perspective.
[43:01] – Optimizing schema integrations on the catalog side.
[48:55] – Ecommerce companies Ethan has worked with.
Groove Commerce: https://www.groovecommerce.com/
Every app that you install into your store has overhead. Every kind of front office sales-related app, reviews, upsells, cross-sell, site search, out-of-stock notifications – everything has a component to it that loads into the browser, and that creates a heavier page. –Ethan Giffin, 25:15
People don’t think about margin enough. So how do you promote those products and get people to buy things with the best margin versus the most popular ones? So really, it’s thinking about how to optimize the catalog. – Ethan Giffin, 47:32
Om du har ett företag och flyttar till en annan byggnad tar du inte bara med dig skyltfönstret. Du måste ta med allt du behöver för att ta med kontoren, skrivborden, allt. Så om du migrerar en webbplats omdirigerar du inte bara framsidan och toppen som samlingar eller kategorier. Du måste ta hand om allt – bloggen, underdomäner, undermappsstrukturer, etc. –Loren Baker, 22:56
För mer innehåll som detta, prenumerera på vår YouTube-kanal: https://www.youtube.com/user/searchenginejournal
Ta kontakt med Ethan Giffin:
Ethan Giffin, GrooveCommerces VD, har varit en ledande expert på e-handel och webbanalys under större delen av sin karriär. Omvandlingsfrekvenser, synlighet i sökmotorer och webbanalys är alla saker han kan utan och innan. Men han brinner för att hjälpa företag att lyckas online utan att behöva bli experter.
Det finns bara ett fåtal personer som Ethan. Hans kärlek till SEO, omvandlingsfrekvenser och e-handel går hand i hand med hans passion för att resa och DJ:a däremellan – för att inte tala om de där fickrutorna!
Få kontakt med Loren Baker, grundare av Search Engine Journal:
How to Achieve 7-Figures with Your Law Firm Website
Many law firms are simply leasing space when it comes to their online marketing.
Your website, on the other hand, can be a 24/7 selling tool for your law firm practice. It can effectively become your greatest asset, getting leads and cases while you sleep.
In this guide, we’ll talk about how to turn your website into the ultimate marketing tool for your law firm practice and generate seven figures in revenue for your business.
A Well-Optimized Law Firm Website Can Yield Huge Results
With your law firm’s website, you can use innehållsmarknadsföring to your advantage to generate lucrative results for your business. Content and SEO allow you to attract users organically and convert traffic passively into new cases for your law firm.
As an example, a high-ranking webpage in a competitive market getting 1,000 users per month can get huge results:
- Convert visitors at 2-5% = 20-50 leads.
- Convert even 10-20% of leads = 2-10 cases.
- Average $8000 revenue per case = $16,000-$80,000 monthly revenue from one page.
Over the course of a year, this could lead to high six-figures to seven-figures in revenue!
The Foundations Of A Revenue-Generating Law Firm Website
At its core, your law firm website should serve to speak to the needs, struggles, and interests of your target audience. It should be laser-focused on your practice area, who you serve, and what you have to offer.
With this in mind, a well-crafted website content strategy should define:
- Your business goals (the cases you want).
- What competitors are doing.
- What pages to write and keywords to target.
- How to use your content budget.
- Your editorial calendar.
- The purpose/intent of each page.
- PR and bakåtlänk strategi.
Below, we’ll dive deeper into how to develop this strategy, build out amazing content, and achieve your seven-figure revenue goals.
1. Define The Cases You Want
The first step to developing a successful website marketing strategy is to define the types of legal cases you want.
This activity will help you determine the types of people you want to reach, the type of content you should create, and the types of SEO keywords you need to target.
That way, you end up marketing to a more specific subset of potential clients, rather than a broad range of users.
Not sure where to set your focus? Here are a few questions that might help:
- Which of your cases are the most profitable?
- What types of cases are you not getting enough of?
- In what markets are you strongest?
- In which markets do you want to improve?
- Are there any practice areas you want to explore?
At the end of this activity, you might decide that you want to attract more family law cases, foreclosure law cases, or DUI cases – whatever it is, getting hyper-focused on the types of cases you want to attract will only make your website marketing even stronger.
2. Identify Your Top Competitors
One of the best ways to “hack” your website marketing strategy is to figure out what’s working for your competitors.
By “competitors” we mean law firms that are working to attract the types of cases you’re trying to attract, at the same level at which your law firm is currently operating.
I say this because I see many law firms trying to out beat and outrank the “big” fish and this can feel like a losing battle. You want to set your sights on your closest competitors, rise above them, and then get more competitive with your strategy.
Here are a few ways to identify your closest competitors:
- Conduct a Google search of your legal practice area + your service area (e.g., “family law Kirkland”, “DUI lawyer LA”, “Denver probate attorney” etc.). Take note of the top-ranking domains (i.e., websites).
- Använda sig av SEO tools like Semrush eller Ahrefs to search your domän namn. These tools will often surface close competitors to your domain.
- Using the same tools above, conduct organic research on your domain to see what keywords you are already ranking for. Search these keywords in Google and see what other domains come up.
- Use these tools to determine the domänmyndighet (DA) of your domain. Compare this to the other top-ranking domains to see which domains have an authority score that’s similar to your own.
Be sure to look at your known business competitors as well.
These may or may not be ranking well in Google Search, but it’s still worth a peek to see if they are targeting any high-priority keywords that your website should be targeting.
3. Conduct A Content Audit Of Your Website
Your next step is to conduct an audit of your current website. This will allow you to take stock of what content is performing well, and what content requires improvement.
First, start with your main service pages.
Använda sig av SEO tools like Semrush or Ahrefs again to review the rank (position), performance, and keywords of each page. Identify any pages that are ranking low, or not at all.
Then, find “low-hanging fruit” pages. These are the pages that are ranking around position 5-10. They require less effort to optimize to reach those higher rank positions – compared to pages ranking at, say, position 59.
This compares your website’s performance to that of your closest competitors. It will show you a list of keywords that your competitors are ranking for that your website is not ranking for at all.
Finally, create an inventory of what pages you already have, which need to be revised, and which you need to create. Doing so will help you stay organized and stay on task when developing your content strategy.
4. Plan Your Content Silos
By this step, you will have a pretty good idea of what pages you already have, and which pages are “missing” from your strategy (based on the list of keywords you are not yet targeting).
From here, you will plan what’s called “content silos”.
Here is the basic process:
- Review an existing service page (if you have one) and optimize it as best you can. Ideally, this is a page that’s already performing well and is otherwise a “low-hanging fruit” page.
- If you don’t have any existing service pages, create one based on one of your high-priority keywords. Again, these should be a keyword that is meant to attract your preferred type of cases.
- Next, build a “silo” of content around your main page. In other words, create new pages that are topically related to your main service page, but that target slightly different keywords (ideally, “long-tail”, lower competition keywords).
- Add internal länkar between these pages and your primary service page.
- Over time, build backlinks to these pages (through guest posting, PR, content marketing, etc.)
Below is an example of a content silo approach for “personal injury:”
5. Identify Supporting Topics
As part of your website content strategy, you’ll then want to create other supporting content pieces. This should be content that provides value to your potential clients.
FAQs, blogs, and other service pages can support your main pages.
For example, if you are a DUI lawyer, you might want to publish an FAQ page that addresses the main questions clients have about DUI law, or a blog post titled “What to Do When You Get a DUI.”
There are a few tools you can use to research supporting topics:
- Semrush – Use this tool to identify untapped keywords, content topics, and more.
- AlsoAsked – Identify other questions people have searched for relevant to your primary topic.
- Svara allmänheten – Use this search listening tool to identify topics and questions related to your practice area.
Below is an example of how the full content silo can come together for “Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer:”
6. Build An Editorial Calendar
Once you have all of your content ideas down on paper, it’s time to develop your editorial calendar.
This is essentially a plan of what content you need to create when you want to publish it, and what keywords you plan to target.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Always prioritize main pages. These should be the first content pieces you create on your website.
- Create or revise your main pages and monitor their performance. Use Google Analytics and other SEO tools to keep your eye on how your content is performing.
- Depending on budget and urgency, you might start with all main pages, or go silo by silo. Determine which service pages are most important to you. You can create all of your main pages at once, or develop the entire silo as you go.
- Keep a record of your target keywords. Just because you “optimize” for them doesn’t mean your content will automatically rank for your target keywords. In your editorial calendar, keep track of the keywords you wish to target – by page – so you have a record of your original SEO strategy.
What Makes A Winning Law Firm Website Strategy?
The key to achieving seven figures with your law firm website is content.
Content allows you to target your ideal clients, attract your preferred cases, engage your audience, and so much more.
A well-thought-out content strategy will empower your website to achieve more for your business than any other marketing channel could!
Above, I outline a few steps to developing this type of winning strategy. But, achieving excellence takes time.
I recommend keeping your eye on the prize, monitoring performance, and making updates as you go along.
This will help you reach your desired result.
Featured Image: PanuShot/Shutterstock
How to Achieve 7-Figures with Your Law Firm Website
How to Create Evergreen Content That Generates Traffic to Your Site
Twitter Will Start Displaying Tweet Reach Metrics Up-Front on Tweets
Google Thanksgiving volatilitet, länkar, innehåll och mer SEO & 19 år täckande sökning
Meta lanserar två nya konstprojekt för att lyfta fram Metaversens kreativa möjligheter
Är IP-adress en Google-rankningsfaktor?
Google AdSense nya sidosäcksannonser
5 grundläggande projektledning som du behöver veta
Monster Hunter Rise Ascends till nya höjder på Xbox
Googles testkartgränssnitt inom sökresultatutdrag
B2C-marknadsföring: En guide för marknadsförare
Veckans erbjudanden med guld- och spotlight-rea, plus Xbox Black Friday-rea
Marketos oktobersläpp: En chefsguide
Tillkännage nyckelordsforskningscertifieringen: Skapa en personlig sökordsstrategi
Vampire Survivors tillgängliga idag med Xbox Game Pass för Xbox Series X|S och Xbox One
Identifiera en effektiv B2B-målmarknad för annonser
Hjälpa affiliates att skapa tillfredsställande innehåll i långa format
För- och nackdelar med ditt varumärke genom att använda affiliate-länkar
Twitters bortgång skulle kosta marknadsförare en viktig och användbar kanal
Xbox delar Community Safety Approach i Transparency Report
SEO4 dagar sedan
En enkel (men komplett) SEO-handledning för nybörjare i 7 steg
SEO6 dagar sedan
En omfattande guide till marknadsföringsattributionsmodeller
SOCIAL7 dagar sedan
Twitter lanserar nya alternativ för annonsinriktning, inklusive avancerad webbplatskonverteringsoptimering
MARKNADSFÖRING7 dagar sedan
En komplett guide till färghjul och färgscheman