Connect with us

FACEBOOK

MMA champs offer to train Elon Musk for cage match with Zuckerberg

Published

on

MMA champs offer to train Elon Musk for cage match with Zuckerberg

A who’s-who of MMA fighters have a beef with Mark Zuckerberg — so they’re throwing their weight behind Elon Musk ahead of a possible cage match between the tech titans

At least eight UFC fighters, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu champions, and more, led by former MMA champ Chad Robichaux are offering to train Musk for the proposed cage fight with Meta CEO Zuckerberg over his launch of micro-blogging rival Threads.

For some of them, this is about payback.

“No one likes Zuckerberg because he’s a communist that’s suppressing our speech, and ruining most of our businesses,” Robichaux told The Post. “We feel like he needs his a– beat.”

“I’ve been a victim of having my First Amendment rights violated by Zuckerberg,” Robichaux, who runs the Mighty Oaks Foundation, a veterans group, explained. “Every every Monday I have to have a staff meeting and we have to figure out what we can and can’t say so we don’t get suppressed.”

The martial-arts masters see 52-year-old Musk as their chance for revenge — even as Musk and Zuck have lately jabs on social media over a possible cage match. Most recently, Musk claimed on his social network X — formerly known as Twitter — that he planned to drive by Zuckerberg’s house to see if he “actually answers the door.”

Chad Robichaux is credited with leading the largest known civilian evacuation effort out of Afghanistan in the aftermath of the Taliban takeover.
20th Public Affairs Detachment

Alex Morono
Alex Morono punches Tim Means in their welterweight fight during the UFC Fight Night event at Spectrum Center on May 13, 2023.
Zuffa LLC via Getty Images

“Mark is traveling right now and isn’t in Palo Alto,” a spokesperson for Zuckerberg responded. “Also, Mark takes this sport seriously and isn’t going to fight someone who randomly shows up at his house.”

The trash-talking comes even as Zuckerberg last month launched Threads, a challenger to X, which quickly amassed 100 million sign-ups — more than a quarter of X’s active user base. Activity on Threads — which Meta executives said is “focusing on kindness and making this a friendly place” — appears to have fallen sharply since, according to research reports.

As for the literal cage match, “I would love to see Elon win, that’d be a great win for mankind in my opinion,” BJJ champion Thomas Cronin told The Post, noting his philosophical alignment with the space and electric-car guru. 


Nate Marquardt
Nate Marquardt during the UFC Fight Night event on Nov. 11, 2017.
Zuffa LLC via Getty Images

Other eight champions currently on board include: UFC fighter Jalin Turner, former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Quinton Jackson, Strikeforce Champion and UFC title contender Nate Marquardt, current UFC contender Alex Morono, seasoned Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructor Vinicius Draculino Magalhaes, and Carlson Gracie Jr., whose father Carlos Gracie is considered one of the founders of Brazilian Jiu-Jistu.

“I have to side with Elon Musk … [because] of free speech. Zuckerberg is kind of taking away free speech on his platforms,” Jackson said. “Musk is more of a stand up guy.”

Not much is known about Musk’s master strategy to avert total annihilation from Zuckerberg. In June, he quipped on X that one of his moves is called “’The Walrus,’ where I just lie on top of my opponent and do nothing.” 


Elon Musk
Elon Musk, meanwhile has boasted about eating donuts for breakfast.
REUTERS

“I mean, with the size difference he probably could do it for a bit,” Turner, a top 15 UFC lightweight contender, laughed. 

“I think Elon Musk has a good sense of humor,” Jackson mused when asked about “The Walrus.”

Robichaux observed that “The Walrus” sounds a lot like a “Wet Blanket” technique he deploys via Jiu-Jitsu to wear down his enemies to the point of exhaustion and frustration so they start making mistakes.


Vinny Magalhaes
Vinny Magalhaes poses for a portrait on April 24, 2013.
Zuffa LLC via Getty Images

“It’s good. He’s a bigger guy,” Robichaux quipped. “He [could] use his body weight to like fatigue Zuckerberg — to make him work to constantly get up.”

Still, the jostling maestros think they can do much better.

Cronin, a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu coach who has trained a myriad of UFC fighters, has been studying up on Zuckerberg and is already spotting some vulnerabilities ripe for exploitation.


Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg has showcased his fighting dominance in various social media posts.
Instagram/Mark Zuckerberg

“There’s a couple of things that I see in Zuckerberg’s training that they’re not really addressing, as far as I can tell. And we want to capitalize on those positions,” Cronin said.

Cronin believes he knows “exactly how” Zuckerberg is going to come out and knows just how Musk can “throw a wrench in his plans.” He is keeping specifics close to the vest.

Jackson contended that Musk would be in jeopardy if he winds up in a ground tussle, given Zuckerberg’s considerable Jiu-Jitsu edge.

“If I was Elon Musk, I wouldn’t take him to the ground for one second,” Jackson said emphasizing he’d try his best to keep it standing.

Gracie Jr., a six-time Brazilian National Champion in Freestyle and Greco Roman wrestling also known as “The Prince of BJJ,” cautioned against “overtraining’ Musk into exhaustion.

“We’d have to work in some kind of basic fundamental techniques, and first, you have to evaluate his level and from there we can work on [him],” Gracie Jr. told The Post.


Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg claims he is not holding breath that Elon Musk will actually fight him.
AFP via Getty Images

Questions have swirled over whether the fight will ever come to fruition. Zuckerberg has sewed doubts, claiming that Musk is “not serious” and that “it’s time to move on.”

Musk, who previously challenged Russian President Vladimir Putin to single combat in a Hail Mary bid to rescue Ukraine from devastation, claimed that Italian officials agreed to an “epic location” for the internet kingpin rumble.

However, Italian culture minister Gennaro Sangiuliano appeared to quash speculation of a much-rumored “Gladiator”-style showdown at the ancient Colosseum, stipulating “it will not be held in Rome.”


Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg has been taking his Jiu-Jitsu very, very seriously.
Mark Zuckerberg

Zuckerberg has urged fans to “assume anything [Musk] says has not been agreed on.”

Musk has also claimed that he needed an “MRI of my neck & upper back” and “may require surgery before the fight can happen.”

Should Musk begin training, one adjustment the martial arts battalion would likely gently nudge him into making is his diet.


Carlson Gracie Jr.
Carlson Gracie Jr. is basically Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu family royalty.
carlsongracie/Instagram

Musk, who posits there’s a high probability we’re living in a simulation, has raved about soul-enriching junk food, claiming (possibly joking) to eat a donut every morning. 

Zuckerberg, who is seeking to build up a simulation of his own for humans to traverse, says he eats 4,000 calories a day to fuel his intense exercise regimen, often including hefty McDonalds’ orders, which he dubbed “so delicious.”

“[Musk] probably needs like a good 30 days on a good healthy diet regimen to cleanse his system and have the energy,” Robichaux said, “just to get his system functioning well and have his body fueled up.”

Another potential hurdle for Musk is the roughly 13-year age gap with Zuckerberg. 

Robichaux, some four years younger than Musk, stressed that Musk can overcome it, noting how he eats younger fighters for breakfast. 

“I’m 48. I smash 18 and 20 year old kids in the gym every day,” Robichaux joked in a dead serious way. “There’s something about this generation.”

Another option is rejuvenating stem cell therapy.

Eric Scoffers, CEO of Bioexcellorator, a firm that specializes in the treatment, told The Post “we will roll out the red carpet for Elon to make sure he’s in the best shape to beat Zuckerberg.” 

“Bioexcellorator is the exclusive stem cell treatment center for the UFC,” he added. “They’re treating current UFC champions. The treatment they offer will close the age gap between Musk and Zuckerberg.”


Elon Musk
Elon Musk is about 13 years older than Mark Zuckerberg, but is bullish about his abilities to put the younger billionaire in his place.
P&P / MEGA

The squadron of fighters have various visions for what a boot camp would look like, but are flexible to Musk’s liking.

At least one of the martial artists is stunned that the plutocrats want to subject themselves to such violent brutality rather than live out a cushy lifestyle.

“I was really surprised that two billionaires want to duke it out in the cage. I’ve been a fighter for over 20-something years. If I was a billionaire, I would not step foot in a cage — no way,” Jackson said.


Mark Zuckerberg
The Meta honcho doesn’t seem very intimidated by Elon Musk.
Instagram/Mark Zuckerberg

“I started it as a way to provide for my family — to me it was a hustle,” he added. “I did it to pay the bills.”

Musk has previously suggested that the billionaire melee will raise money for veterans and pediatric hospitals in Italy. Robichaux’s squad is hoping they might consider donating some of those funds to The Mighty Oaks Foundation.

The group works to tackle post-traumatic stress disorder and prevent veteran suicide.


Chad Robichaux
Chad Robichaux went into Afghanistan during the Taliban takeover to rescue his translator.
Marine Corps Installations West

Robichaux is credited with spearheading one of the largest known civilian evacuation efforts out of Afghanistan in the aftermath of the Taliban takeover.



Source link

Keep an eye on what we are doing
Be the first to get latest updates and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Invalid email address

FACEBOOK

Social media blocks are “a suppression of an essential avenue for transparency”

Published

on

In this photo illustration the word censored is seen displayed on a smartphone with the logos of social networks Facebook, WhatsApp and YouTube in the background.

Once praised as the defining feature of the internet, the ability to connect with physically distant people is something that governments have recently been seemingly intent on restricting. Authorities have been increasingly pulling the plug, putting over 4 billion people in the shadows in the first half of 2023 alone

Social media platforms are often the first means of communication to be restricted. Surfshark, one of the most popular VPN services, counted at least 50 countries guilty of having curbed these websites and apps during periods of political turmoil such as protests, elections, or military activity.

Source link

Keep an eye on what we are doing
Be the first to get latest updates and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Invalid email address
Continue Reading

FACEBOOK

Former Myanmar colonel who once served as information minister gets 10-year prison term for sedition

Published

on

Former Myanmar colonel who once served as information minister gets 10-year prison term for sedition

BANGKOK (AP) — A former high-profile Myanmar army officer who had served as information minister and presidential spokesperson in a previous military-backed government has been convicted of sedition and incitement, a legal official said Thursday. He was sentenced to 10 years in prison.

Ye Htut, a 64-year old retired lieutenant colonel, is the latest in a series of people arrested and jailed for writing Facebook posts that allegedly spreading false or inflammatory news. Once infrequently prosecuted, there has been a deluge of such legal actions since the army seized power from the elected government of Aung San Suu Kyi in February 2021.

He was arrested in late October after a military officer from the Yangon Regional Military Command reportedly filed a change against him, around the time when some senior military officers were purged on other charges, including corruption. He was convicted on Wednesday, according to the official familiar with the legal proceedings who insisted on anonymity for fear of being punished by the authorities.

Ye Htut had been the spokesperson from 2013 to 2016 for President Thein Sein in a military-backed government and also information minister from 2014 to 2016.

After leaving the government in 2016, Ye Htut took on the role of a political commentator and wrote books and posted articles on Facebook. For a time, he was a visiting senior research fellow at the ISEAS-Yusof Ishak Institute, a center for Southeast Asia studies in Singapore.

After the army’s 2021 takeover, he often posted short personal vignettes and travel essays on Facebook in which he made allusions that were generally recognized to be critical of Myanmar’s current military rulers.

The army’s takeover triggered mass public protests that the military and police responded to with lethal force, triggering armed resistance and violence that has escalated into a civil war.

The official familiar with the court proceedings against Ye Htut told The Associated Press that he was sentenced by a court in Yangon’s Insein prison to seven years for sedition and three years for incitement. Ye Htut was accused on the basis of his posts on his Facebook account, and did not hire a lawyer to represent him at his trial, the official said.

The sedition charge makes disrupting or hindering the work of defense services personnel or government employees punishable by up to seven years in prison. The incitement charge makes it a crime to publish or circulate comments that cause fear, spread false news, agitate directly or indirectly for criminal offences against a government employee — an offense punishable by up to three years in prison.

However, a statement from the Ministry of Legal Affairs said he had been charged under a different sedition statute. There was no explanation for the discrepancy.

According to detailed lists compiled by the Assistance Association for Political Prisoners, a watchdog group based in Thailand, 4,204 civilians have died in Myanmar in the military government’s crackdown on opponents and at least 25,474 people have been arrested.



Source link

Keep an eye on what we are doing
Be the first to get latest updates and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Invalid email address
Continue Reading

FACEBOOK

Top CIA agent shared pro-Palestinian to Facebook after Hamas attack: report

Published

on

Top CIA agent shared pro-Palestinian to Facebook after Hamas attack: report

A high-ranking CIA official boldly shared multiple pro-Palestinian images on her Facebook page just two weeks after Hamas launched its bloody surprise attack on Israel — while President Biden was touring the Jewish state to pledge the US’s allegiance to the nation.

The CIA’s associate deputy director for analysis changed her cover photo on Oct. 21 to a shot of a man wearing a Palestinian flag around his neck and waving a larger flag, the Financial Times reported.

The image — taken in 2015 during a surge in the long-stemming conflict — has been used in various news stories and pieces criticizing Israel’s role in the violence.

The CIA agent also shared a selfie with a superimposed “Free Palestine” sticker, similar to those being plastered on businesses and public spaces across the nation by protesters calling for a cease-fire.

The Financial Times did not name the official after the intelligence agency expressed concern for her safety.

“The officer is a career analyst with extensive background in all aspects of the Middle East and this post [of the Palestinian flag] was not intended to express a position on the conflict,” a person familiar with the situation told the outlet.

The individual added that the sticker image was initially posted years before the most recent crisis between the two nations and emphasized that the CIA official’s Facebook account was also peppered with posts taking a stand against antisemitism.

The image the top-ranking CIA official shared on Facebook.

The latest post of the man waving the flag, however, was shared as Biden shook hands with Israeli leaders on their own soil in a show of support for the Jewish state in its conflict with the terrorist group.

Biden has staunchly voiced support for the US ally since the Oct. 7 surprise attack that killed more than 1,300 people, making the CIA agent’s posts in dissent an unusual move.

A protester walks near burning tires in the occupied West Bank on Nov. 27, 2023, ahead of an expected release of Palestinian prisoners in exchange for Israeli hostages. AFP via Getty Images

In her role, the associate deputy director is one of three people, including the deputy CIA director, responsible for approving all analyses disseminated inside the agency.

She had also previously overseen the production of the President’s Daily Brief, the highly classified compilation of intelligence that is presented to the president most days, the Financial Times said.

“CIA officers are committed to analytic objectivity, which is at the core of what we do as an agency. CIA officers may have personal views, but this does not lessen their — or CIA’s — commitment to unbiased analysis,” the CIA said in a statement to the outlet.

The top CIA official has since deleted the pro-Palestinian images from her social media page. Hamas Press Service/UPI/Shutterstock

Follow along with The Post’s live blog for the latest on Hamas’ attack on Israel


Neither the Office of the Director of National Intelligence nor the White House responded to The Post’s request for comment.

All of the official’s pro-Palestinian images and other, unrelated posts have since been deleted, the outlet reported.

Palestinian children sit by the fire next to the rubble of a house hit in an Israeli strike. REUTERS

The report comes as CIA Director William Burns arrived in Qatar, where he was due to meet with his Israeli and Egyptian counterparts and the Gulf state’s prime minister to discuss the possibility of extending the pause in fighting between Israeli forces and Hamas terrorists in the Gaza Strip for a second time.

Israel and Hamas agreed Monday to an additional two-day pause in fighting, meaning combat would likely resume Thursday morning Israel time if no additional halt is brokered.

Both sides agreed to release a portion of its hostages under the arrangement.

More than 14,000 Palestinians in Gaza, including many women and children, have been killed in the conflict, according to data from the Hamas-controlled Ministry of Health.



Source link

Keep an eye on what we are doing
Be the first to get latest updates and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Invalid email address
Continue Reading

Trending