Instagram is building on its monetization capabilities with a new subscriptions feature, which allows creators to make monthly recurring income.
Starting today, Instagram Subscriptions is launching in a limited test with a handful of creators.
Followers can opt-in through a “subscribe” button on the creator’s profile.
Those who are eligible for the new subscriptions feature are in full control over the monthly price.
Paying the monthly fee offers the following benefits to subscribers:
- Subscriber Lives: Creators can broadcast exclusive livestreams to subscribers only.
- Subscriber Stories: Creators can publish stories just for their subscribers.
- Subscriber Badges: When subscribers leave comments a badge will appear next to their name to let the creator, and other users, know they’re a loyal fan.
In an announcement, the company states:
“With Instagram Subscriptions, creators can develop deeper connections with their most engaged followers and grow their recurring monthly income by giving subscribers access to exclusive content and benefits, all within the same platform where they interact with them already.”
Who Is Eligible For Instagram Subscriptions?
Currently, Instagram Subscriptions is only available to a limited number of US creators during the test period.
Instagram plans to expand access to more creators over the next few months.
The following creators are part of the Instagram Subscriptions test group:
- @alanchikinchow: A content creator who first gained notoriety through TikTok.
- @sedona._: A basketball player who currently plays for the Oregon Ducks.
- @alizakelly: A celebrity astrologer and bestselling author.
- @kelseylynncook: An actor, dancer, and model.
- @elliottnorris: Creates videos focused around sustainable recipes, going plastic-free and other eco-related content.
- @jordanchiles: An olympic silver medalist in gymnastics.
- @jackjerry: Instagram model and member of the NCAA gymnastics team.
- @bunnymichael: Host of the “XO Higher Self” podcast, which focuses on spirituality.
- @donalleniii: Produces creative visual content, such as AR lenses for Snapchat.
- @lonnieiiv: A web star best known for creative TikTok sketches.
Like Facebook Subscriptions, Instagram will not collect fees from creators until 2023 at the earliest.
In addition to expanding Instagram Subscriptions to more creators in the future, the company hopes to offer accompanying tools that allow creators to directly connect with their audience off platform.
Source: Instagram Business Blog
Featured Image: Screenshot from business.instagram.com/blog, January 2022.
Google’s Helpful Content & Core Updates [Webinar]
Google recently rolled out a new core update and the Helpful Content update. But what does that mean for your business?
How can you tweak your content and SEO strategies so that they properly align with the latest algorithm changes?
With Google now prioritizing user experience, it’s important to publish content that’s helpful to humans and relevant to their search queries.
Though this update has challenged many companies and made the content creation process more complex, there are certainly ways your website can still thrive online.
The key is finding the right balance between search engine compliance and customer satisfaction.
Join me and Dave Snyder, CEO and Founder of CopyPress, as we discuss ways you can adjust your content production to improve search rankings and maximize results.
In this webinar, you’ll discover:
- How to create Helpful Content for Google.
- How to scale authority and build subject matter experts as part of your production cycle.
- Ways to recover if you’ve been dinged by Google.
You’ll learn how to create better content with authority that complies fully with Google’s revised Helpful Content guidelines.
Whether you have a small website or need to scale your content production, you’ll learn how you can create and implement a content strategy that keeps Google happy and fulfills your customers’ needs for compelling, helpful content.
By the end of this webinar, you’ll be equipped with all the information you need to adapt your content strategy for success on Google.
Can’t make the live session? Register now, and we’ll send you a recording after the event.
Unusual Spike In Google Business Profile Insights Traffic For Some
Meta Announces New Privacy-Focused Ad Targeting Solutions, Improvements in Automated Targeting
Daily SEO Fix: Competitive Link Research
Let’s Sing ABBA: When Karaoke Meets Disco
Google’s Helpful Content & Core Updates [Webinar]
Rights holders got Google to remove 6 billion links from Search over 10 years
Google to pay $85 million to settle claims it deceptively tracked users
Instagram Tests Out New Ad Options, Including Explore Placement and Interactive AR Displays
Remaking Dead Space, Available for Pre-Order Today
Workforce Trends You Need To Know About in 2022 [New Data]
Explore the Path to Digital Future: Interconnect, Integrate and Innovate
Google Updates Documentation On Meta Descriptions
Daily Search Forum Recap: September 5, 2022
7 Tips For Creating Instagram Story Ads That Convert
How To Launch Your First Google Ads Remarketing Campaign
Microsoft Advertising Gains Pinterest Import, More Google Imports, & More
Google Again Says Spikes In Crawling Activity Not A Sign Of The Helpful Content Update Rollout
Daily Search Forum Recap: September 30, 2022
The Ultimate Timeline of Google Algorithm Updates (+ Recommendations)
Confusion Over Google Search Console’s HTTPS Is Invalid And Might Prevent It From Being Indexed