The March 2022 Google Product Reviews update is now fully rolled out, Alan Kent from Google told me. The updated started on March 23, 2022 and ended 19 days later on April 11, 2022. Alan Kent told me “Sorry for the delay in response. It was almost… almost… almost…. Yes! The rollout is now complete!” Here is that response on Twitter:
Sorry for the delay in response. It was almost… almost… almost…….
Yes! The rollout is now complete!
— Alan Kent (@akent99) April 11, 2022
This product reviews update was the 3rd version of this product reviews update algorithm, the previous two versions were the April 2021 Product Reviews Update and the December 2021 Product Reviews Update. The March version was updated to incorporate more signals and criteria in this niche ranking algorithm.
Google Product Reviews Update March 2022 Quick Facts
Here are the most important things that we know right now in short form:
- Name: Google March 2022 Product Reviews Update
- Launched: March 23, 2022 at around 12:00pm ET
- Rollout: Finished rolling out on April 11, 2022 at around 3pm ET
- Targets: It looks at product review content
- Penalty: It is not a penalty, it promotes or rewards “insightful analysis and original research.”
- Not a core update: Many are going to say this is a core update, it is not.
- English Language but will expand: This is only looking at English-language content right now but likely will expand soon to other languages, this is a global launch.
- Impact: Google would not tell me what percentage of queries or searches were impacted by this update.
- Discover: This update can impact your performance in Google Discover, Google previously said.
- Recover: If you were hit by this, then you will need to look at your content and see if you can do better with Google’s advice below
- Refreshes: Google will do periodic refreshes to this algorithm but may not communicate those updates in the future. This may be the first refresh that Google has done, it is the first refresh Google communicated about.
I have a lot more detail on this update in these stories:
I also have a data centric post on this update at Search Engine Land.
So now that it is really fully done, you can start to see if you were hit by this update – maybe?
Forum discussion at Twitter.
Google Exercise Ball
The kid playing with the ball is a bonus.
I found this on Instagram.
This post is part of our daily Search Photo of the Day column, where we find fun and interesting photos related to the search industry and share them with our readers.
Iran pop singer silenced, but his song remains a protest anthem
MOps leaders as psychologists: The modern mind-readers
Google Analytics Discontinues Store Visits Reporting
Google Exercise Ball
Musk Reissues Original Twitter Offer in Bid to Avoid Court Battle
12 Tips To Drive Results
Refresh and Rotate Your Creatives with Uzair Kharawala [VIDEO]
Google Says Anything That Talks About Link Juice Should Be Ignored
Brand creatives: The forgotten workers struggling with burnout
Google Settles Consumer Privacy Lawsuit For $85 Million
Explore the Path to Digital Future: Interconnect, Integrate and Innovate
Google Updates Documentation On Meta Descriptions
Daily Search Forum Recap: September 30, 2022
7 Tips For Creating Instagram Story Ads That Convert
How To Launch Your First Google Ads Remarketing Campaign
Google Again Says Spikes In Crawling Activity Not A Sign Of The Helpful Content Update Rollout
Next Week on Xbox: New Games for October 3 to 7
The Ultimate Timeline of Google Algorithm Updates (+ Recommendations)
Confusion Over Google Search Console’s HTTPS Is Invalid And Might Prevent It From Being Indexed
Google Adds More Options to Manage Ad Assets and Extensions