Google has rolled out an import tool for migrating your goals from Universal Analytics 3 to Google Analytics 4 for conversion tracking purposes. The goals migration tool allows you to quickly recreate eligible goals from your connected Universal Analytics property as conversion events in your Google Analytics 4 property.
Charles Farina posed about this on Twitter with screenshots. He said the “conversion migration tool for Google Analytics 4 is now live. If you head to setup assistant you should see a new option to import your Universal Analytics goals.”
To use the goals migration tool, you need the Editor role on your account.
- In Google Analytics, click Admin.
- In the Account column, make sure that your desired account is selected. (If you only have one Google Analytics account, it will already be selected.)
- In the Property column, select the Google Analytics 4 property that currently collects data for your website.
- In the Property column, click Setup Assistant.
- Under Conversions, go to Import existing goals from your connected Universal Analytics property, and click Get started.
- In the Import existing goals from your connected property panel, select which goals you’d like to recreate as conversion events in your new Google Analytics 4 property.
- Click Import selected conversions in the top right.
Here is what it looks like. It is grabbing goals from the entire linked property (so all your views, even staging/sandbox ones), so you’ll need to pay close attention if you use this. pic.twitter.com/RqsAPLegKU
— Charles Farina (@CharlesFarina) April 15, 2022
There is a lot you need to learn about this tool before using it, so make sure to check out the help document. More so if you use Google Tag Manager, there is a completely different way of doing this with GTM.
Forum discussion at Twitter.
Google Exercise Ball
The kid playing with the ball is a bonus.
I found this on Instagram.
This post is part of our daily Search Photo of the Day column, where we find fun and interesting photos related to the search industry and share them with our readers.
Iran pop singer silenced, but his song remains a protest anthem
MOps leaders as psychologists: The modern mind-readers
Google Analytics Discontinues Store Visits Reporting
Google Exercise Ball
Musk Reissues Original Twitter Offer in Bid to Avoid Court Battle
12 Tips To Drive Results
Refresh and Rotate Your Creatives with Uzair Kharawala [VIDEO]
Google Says Anything That Talks About Link Juice Should Be Ignored
Brand creatives: The forgotten workers struggling with burnout
Google Settles Consumer Privacy Lawsuit For $85 Million
Explore the Path to Digital Future: Interconnect, Integrate and Innovate
Google Updates Documentation On Meta Descriptions
Daily Search Forum Recap: September 30, 2022
7 Tips For Creating Instagram Story Ads That Convert
How To Launch Your First Google Ads Remarketing Campaign
Google Again Says Spikes In Crawling Activity Not A Sign Of The Helpful Content Update Rollout
Next Week on Xbox: New Games for October 3 to 7
The Ultimate Timeline of Google Algorithm Updates (+ Recommendations)
Confusion Over Google Search Console’s HTTPS Is Invalid And Might Prevent It From Being Indexed
Google Adds More Options to Manage Ad Assets and Extensions