Tumblr is one of those social media platforms that everyone has heard of, but few know anything about.
While many may not know exactly what it is, Tumblr is one of the most popular blogging platforms. You should check out the platform if you haven’t heard of it before.
Regarding personal branding, Tumblr offers some unique advantages to bloggers and businesses alike.
For example, the platform can help showcase their creativity or build an audience through quality content and customization options.
In this article, we’ll discuss what Tumblr is and take a look at the top features and benefits of using Tumblr, from writing tutorials to creating podcasts.
What Is Tumblr?
Tumblr is a microblogging platform for sharing photos, music, video, links, quotes, GIFs, text, and other multimedia. The site also has a “Reactions” feature, which allows users to express their feelings about something posted on the website.
Unlike other platforms, Tumblr profiles are highly customizable. Brands can customize their theme, layout, colors, fonts, and more. Users can also follow each other’s updates and create custom RSS feeds based on their interests.
Creating an account on Tumblr is free and easy to set up. All posts on Tumblr are public, and all users have the option to follow you. There are no private profile options like on Instagram and Facebook.
Users can create different widgets for their profiles.
Tumblr has become more prominent with its free mobile app, rich API, custom design tools, and vibrant community.
50 Tumblr Facts And Statistics
- Tumblr started in 2007 as a blogging platform that allowed users to share photos, videos, text posts, and more.
- The service gained popularity after being acquired by Yahoo! in 2013 for $1.1 billion.
- From 2017 to 2019, Oath took over ownership of the platform before being bought by Verizon Media.
- In 2019, ownership transferred again to Automattic, a parent company of WordPress that retains ownership today.
- Tumblr is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- There are 2,437 employees at Tumblr.
- Out of their employees, 57% are women.
- Most employees who work at Tumblr stay with the company for an average of 5.3 years.
- Over 556 million blogs are hosted on Tumblr.
- Many celebrities and influencers post on Tumblr, but the platform doesn’t use the same blue check verified symbol you see on Instagram and Twitter.
- The annual revenue for Tumblr is between $75-100 million.
- Tumblr has hundreds of partners and thousands of commissioned artwork.
- There are over 171 billion posts on Tumblr today.
- People can post on Tumblr in 18 different languages.
- Even though they have been around for a while, 61% of new Tumblr users are Gen Z, and 48% of their active users are Gen Z.
- Tumblr is the third most popular blogging platform in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- And the third most popular blogging platform on the internet altogether.
- 45.94% of the traffic on Tumblr stems from the U.S.
- For those new to Tumblr, they offer a guide on how to get started posting.
- The trending topics on Tumblr are diverse, just like any other site, from Legend of Zelda to U.K. politics.
- Regarding interest categories, most people discuss video games, consoles, and accessories. They also discuss computers, electronics, news, and topics regarding universities.
- Some of Tumblr’s top competitors include Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- There are numerous advertisement opportunities on Tumblr, including native ad experiences and custom opportunities.
- Tumblr is a privately owned company.
- In a recent survey, 70% of users stated that they were satisfied by the functionality of Tumblr. The top two rankings above this were Pinterest and YouTube, with a 76% customer satisfaction rating.
- Tumblr has 135 million monthly active users.
- Earlier this year, there was an uptick in visitations to Tumblr, with 291.7 million visits in May.
- Tumblr prides itself on being an inclusive space for everyone to share its views stating, “Tumblr is whatever you want it to be.”
- On top of the ability to post daily blogs, Tumblr also offers a liveblog function so users can blog as events or things happen in real-time.
- Most people (69%) use Tumblr on their mobile devices, and 31% use the platform on the web.
- In a recent survey, when social networks were ranked by brand awareness in the U.S., 58% of people recognized the platform.
- The top quantity of users visiting the web is U.S.-based at 46.37%.
- This is followed by the United Kingdom and Canada users on the web at 5.94% and 5.07%, respectively.
- Australia follows this at 3.2% and then Germany at 3.1%.
- In 2018, Tumblr banned adult content on its platform, a polarizing move.
- Mashable suggests that “Fandom’s homeland is Tumblr.”
- And The Verge states that “The things that happen on Tumblr are utterly unique to any other social platform.”
- There are around 9.7 million daily posts on Tumblr.
- The demographics for top Tumblr users break down to 33.04% from ages 18-25, 31.44% from 25-34, and 16.10% between 35-44 years old.
- Of these users, 41.41% identify as female, and 58.59% identify as male.
- Tumble has a bounce rate of 42.67%.
- Like other platforms like Facebook, users can like and repost content.
- You can create custom HTML themes on Tumblr.
- There is also a Mass Post Editor function on Tumblr, allowing users to edit or delete multiple posts simultaneously.
- Users can easily add inline images from the web to their posts by pasting the image’s URL into the post.
- Tumblr also has keyboard shortcut options which make it easier to create posts.
- Some of Tumblr’s top competitors include Ghost, Hexo, and Medium.
- There are over 2,000 posts created every second on Tumblr.
- Regarding traffic leading back to Tumblr, 28.48% of that traffic comes from Twitter, and 20.25% comes from YouTube.
- On average, users visit 6.47 pages when they use the platform.
Tumblr is an online community where anyone can create compelling and unique content.
As you can see, it is also highly customizable, allowing users and brands to create their ideal profiles. It’s also a great space to find and cultivate new audiences.
There are almost endless possibilities with the platform, and it’s worth checking out to see if it’s right for your brand.
If you’re looking to integrate more blogging options and are considering incorporating Tumblr, check out this post.
Featured Image: Lenka Horavova/Shutterstock
How do you hire an SEO manager?
- Business leaders struggle to hire SEO managers, and often wonder if they need one
- SEO visibility is key to business success and is hard to increase your customer base and sales
- SEO is a great contributor to brand growth and essentially needs the right mindset
- This is a checklist to help you hire the right fit for your business
If you’re looking to improve your website’s search engine ranking, you may be wondering how to go about hiring an SEO manager. It can be a daunting task, but with the right information, it can be more straightforward than you think.
In this article, we will discuss some of the things you should consider when hiring an SEO manager. We’ll also provide some tips on how to make sure your team works well together and gets the most out of your SEO manager.
Why hire an SEO manager?
Without an SEO manager, it’s often difficult to know where to start when it comes to improving your website’s search engine visibility. And without valuable organic traffic, it’s hard to increase your customer base and sales. SEO can be a big contributor to brand growth.
An SEO manager can help you identify the best strategies for improving your website’s search presence. They will also be able to monitor overall performance, spot potential improvement opportunities, and create effective tactics to get the best results from your website’s content.
This includes conducting keyword research and creating SEO content, optimizing existing website pages, analyzing traffic sources, managing link-building campaigns, monitoring search engine performance, and regularly reporting on the progress of organic traffic. An SEO manager will ensure that your business sees SEO progress much more quickly.
What responsibilities does an SEO manager have?
If you’re not on the first page of Google for your most important keywords, you’re missing huge sales opportunities. This is particularly true for ecommerce SEO, where a poorly-performing website and SEO strategy can literally be the difference between a thriving business and bankruptcy.
They should have the ability to assess the current health of a website, developing plans to improve ranking in organic search results. The successful candidate should also be able to track and analyze performance metrics, such as click-through rates, conversion rates, and bounce rates.
What characteristics make a good SEO manager?
When looking for an SEO manager, you’ll want to find someone who is knowledgeable in the field, has good communication skills, is a self-starter, and can work independently.
Personality traits are key too. The person should be creative, persistent, and have a passion for problem-solving. They should also have good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
It is important that the SEO manager you hire is a team player, and can take direction from upper management. Having the ability to build relationships with stakeholders and clients is also essential.
The importance of project management
Project management skills are essential for an SEO manager as they will need to coordinate activities between multiple teams and departments, manage timelines and budgets, and report on project progress.
Without good project management skills, an SEO manager will struggle to get results and could cause delays in achieving desired outcomes.
How can you ensure that your team gels well?
The key to creating a successful SEO team is finding people with complementary skills who work well together. This involves looking for individuals who have experience in different aspects of digital marketing, such as content writing, web design, and analytics.
You don’t want to hire a team of people who are all experts in the same field, as this will limit your team’s ability to think creatively and come up with innovative ideas.
It is also important to ensure that your SEO manager has good interpersonal skills. Having an open-door policy where everyone can easily communicate with each other is essential. This will help build trust between team members and ensure everyone is on the same page.
Having an open dialogue between all team members will also be crucial. This will ensure their feedback and input on how best to optimize the content or improve strategies.
Ideas for welcoming and onboarding your new hire
This could include creating an onboarding checklist, setting up regular meetings, assigning tasks to the team members, and scheduling time for team-building activities. Do make sure your SEO manager has face time with key leads from across the business to get a strong understanding of the business and its needs. This pays off in the long run.
Hiring in-house vs SEO outsourcing
Hiring in-house may be more expensive but can provide a greater level of control and allows for closer collaboration with the team. You totally own your processes and have granular input on everything.
On the other hand, outsourcing to an agency or freelance professional may be more cost-effective and can provide specialized skills that are not available in-house. Many SEO providers will offer types of monthly SEO packages, which make costs predictable and controllable. And depending on the terms of a contract, you likely have the freedom to cancel whenever you like. This can be much less hassle than employing someone – a poorly-performing employee, which can be more troublesome to resolve.
|Hiring in-house||Hiring an SEO agency or freelancer|
|Pros||• Greater control and collaboration
• Easier to monitor progress
• Assign tasks quickly
• Access to specialized skills
• High level of expertise and experience
|Cons||• Can be more expensive
• Limited experience level
• Can be difficult to find the right candidate
|• Lack of control over the process
• Communication can be more difficult
• Accountability can be less clear
Interview questions to ask your potential SEO manager
When interviewing a potential SEO manager, you should ask some specific questions to make sure they are the right fit. These can include questions about their experience with SEO, how they stay up-to-date on algorithm changes, and what strategies they would use to improve your website’s ranking.
Example starter questions
- What experience do you have with SEO?
- How do you stay up to date on algorithm changes?
- What strategies would you use to improve our website’s ranking?
- How would you optimize our content for search engine visibility?
- What kind of link-building tactics do you employ?
- What do you consider to be the most important SEO trends?
Common mistakes to avoid when hiring a new candidate
When hiring an SEO manager, there are some common mistakes you should avoid:
Not understanding the responsibilities of an SEO Manager
It is vital you have a clear idea of what the job entails and that the candidate has the relevant skills for the position.
Not considering the team’s current culture
When bringing someone new onto your team it is important to consider how they will fit in with existing colleagues.
Not asking enough questions during interviews
Make sure you ask any potential candidates about their experience and qualifications, as well as their ability to work with the team and manage client relationships.
Not setting clear goals for the role
Setting clear expectations will ensure that everyone is on the same page from the outset and that any targets are achievable.
Not agreeing on a budget
Before you start your search, make sure to set a realistic budget for this role. This will help you determine how much you can afford to pay, and what kind of person is best suited to the job.
Not conducting background checks
Background checks are important when hiring an SEO manager as they will provide insight into their past experience and any qualifications they may have. It’s also a good way to make sure that there are no discrepancies in their resume.
Q: How do I find an SEO manager?
A: You can look for SEO managers on job boards, or hire a freelancer or agency. Make sure to ask them questions about their experience and qualifications, as well as their ability to work with the team and manage client relationships.
Q: What should I look for in an SEO manager?
A: A good SEO manager should have experience with SEO, and up-to-date knowledge of algorithm changes and strategies to improve a website’s ranking. They should also be able to optimize content for search engine visibility, employ link-building tactics and keep track of the latest SEO trends.
Q: How much does it cost to hire an SEO manager?
A: The cost of hiring an SEO manager will depend on the level of experience, skills, and services required. Generally, in-house managers can be more expensive than agencies or freelance professionals. It’s important to set a realistic budget before you start your search.
Q: Is it a good idea to hire an SEO manager overseas to work remotely?
A: This depends on the situation. Hiring a remote SEO manager can be beneficial if they are highly experienced and able to deliver results, however, communication and accountability can be more challenging with remote workers. It’s important to weigh up the pros and cons before making your final decision. There may also be legal or compliance issues when employing internationally.
Finding the right SEO manager is an important step in ensuring your website’s success. Make sure to ask potential candidates plenty of questions and take into account their skills, experience, and ability to fit into the team culture before making a decision. Consider both the benefits and disadvantages of hiring an in-house employee or outsourcing to an agency or freelancer, and don’t forget to set a budget. With the right candidate on board, you’ll be well on your way to achieving long-term SEO success.
How do you hire an SEO manager?
The Biggest Ad Fraud Cases and What We Can Learn From Them
Mozilla Acquires Pulse, A Hybrid-Workplace Collaboration Company
Why Using AI in Education Could Be a Game Changer
WeChat Statistics for 2023 That You Need to Know [Infographic]
Jeremy Meindl On CRM Targeting To Get A Girl (He Married Her) & For Marketing
7 Ways To Use Google Trends For SEO & Content Marketing
Top Strategies to Promote Your Writers’ Conference
Pig butchering and the other peculiar cyber-scams on the rise
Transport Fever 2: Console Edition is Bringing the Full Transport Tycoon Experience to Xbox
B2C marketing: A guide for marketers
This Week’s Deals with Gold and Spotlight Sale, Plus Xbox Black Friday Sale
Vampire Survivors Available Today with Xbox Game Pass for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One
Identifying an Effective B2B Target Market for Ads
Xbox Shares Community Safety Approach in Transparency Report
Helping Affiliates Create Satisfactory Long-Form Content
The Pros and Cons of Your Brand Using Affiliate Links
Twitter’s demise would cost marketers an important, useful channel
8 eCommerce Marketing Strategies for 2022 and Beyond
How Metaverse is Reshaping the Tourism Industry
TECHNOLOGY7 days ago
How is Machine Learning Affecting Advertising and Marketing?
SEARCHENGINES5 days ago
Google Says Links Have A Lot Less Significant Impact For Ranking Today
EMAIL MARKETING6 days ago
6 Email Marketing Threats Every Professional Should Know About
TECHNOLOGY6 days ago
On automation and machine learning as the future of security