Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
For the past couple days now, it seems many but not all, are having issues with Google Analytics real times reports being lagged. Did you know that Google Search Console removal cancellations take only a few hours? Microsoft Bing is testing a new side bar explore images feature. Google has new automative search comparison features. Google AdSense user based ads controls now work for authorized buyers.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Search Removal Cancelations Take Hours To Process & That’s Fast
Google redid their removal tool in Google Search Console in 2020 but the tool has generally always been quick. John Mueller of Google said in the past that it takes less than a day and that it is very quick. So one person tested it and said it took only two hours!
- Real Time Google Analytics Latency Issues Complaints
Over the past day or so, there have been numerous complaints about Google Analytics real time analytics having serious latency issues. Some are saying the charts will show little to know traffic and then all of a sudden spike to show a tremendous amount of traffic.
- Google Expands Automotive Search Comparisons?
Google may have expanded the search capabilities of the automotive and car search features. We covered last year a bunch of search tools for finding cars on Google Search. Now Google seems to be tweaking those to show more comparison views and features in search.
- Google AdSense Makes User-based Ads Control Available To Authorized Buyers
Google AdSense made a small change to the user-based ads controls within Google AdSense. Now instead of it just being applied to Google Ads and Display & Video 360 ads, it is now also for Authorized Buyers.
- Bing Tests Explore Images Sidebar Menu
Microsoft has been busy testing variations of explore features in Bing Search. Here is one showing a side bar menu that expands and when clicked on, takes you into Bing Image Search.
- Day In A Life As An Atlanta Googler
Here is a video from Ashley, who works at the Google office in Atlanta. She posted a fun short Instagram video of the day in a life as a Googler. Here it is below:
Other Great Search Threads:
- “Isn’t that interesting? 🙂 -> Chrome 102 might help you figure out how trustworthy online shops are: “Once visiting the site, Google asked them if they wanted to see store reviews. Upon tapping it, a bottom card with user revi, Glenn Gabe on Twitter
- Couldn’t help but notice who ranks #1 and #2 for “camera”, Lily Ray on Twitter
- Google Local Services Ads just added a bunch of new categories: * Beauty school * Driving instructor * Funeral home * House cleaning services * Massage school * Tutor * Veterinarian, Joy Hawkins on Twitter
- I personally don’t think there’s a single great answer for that query, but I also don’t think the top result are a good way to get closer (and I passed this on internal, John Mueller on Twitter
- Interesting that reviews can now be filtered on accounts when viewed on mobile. Topics include location of business reviewed. This may come in handy for spam hunting. #LocalSEO, Amy Toman on Twitter
- The number of Googlers wandering around aimlessly as they attempt to find their assigned desks and conference rooms their first time back at the office is way too high. If only we had some kind of Maps solution., Louis Gray on Twitter
- Google Chrome Privacy Guide Rolls Out, WebmasterWorld
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Content Marketing
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
Have feedback on this daily recap; let me know on Twitter @rustybrick or @seroundtable, you can follow us on Facebook and make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or just contact us the old fashion way.
Google Exercise Ball
The kid playing with the ball is a bonus.
I found this on Instagram.
This post is part of our daily Search Photo of the Day column, where we find fun and interesting photos related to the search industry and share them with our readers.
Iran pop singer silenced, but his song remains a protest anthem
MOps leaders as psychologists: The modern mind-readers
Google Analytics Discontinues Store Visits Reporting
Google Exercise Ball
Musk Reissues Original Twitter Offer in Bid to Avoid Court Battle
12 Tips To Drive Results
Refresh and Rotate Your Creatives with Uzair Kharawala [VIDEO]
Google Says Anything That Talks About Link Juice Should Be Ignored
Brand creatives: The forgotten workers struggling with burnout
Google Settles Consumer Privacy Lawsuit For $85 Million
Explore the Path to Digital Future: Interconnect, Integrate and Innovate
Google Updates Documentation On Meta Descriptions
Daily Search Forum Recap: September 30, 2022
7 Tips For Creating Instagram Story Ads That Convert
How To Launch Your First Google Ads Remarketing Campaign
Google Again Says Spikes In Crawling Activity Not A Sign Of The Helpful Content Update Rollout
Next Week on Xbox: New Games for October 3 to 7
The Ultimate Timeline of Google Algorithm Updates (+ Recommendations)
Confusion Over Google Search Console’s HTTPS Is Invalid And Might Prevent It From Being Indexed
Google Adds More Options to Manage Ad Assets and Extensions