Here is a photo from the GooglePlex, the Google headquarters in Mountain View, California of a room that looks like a beach bum lounge room. You can see the beach chairs, surfboard, Google bike, fire pit and more beach like designs in this room.
This was shared on Instagram.
This post is part of our daily Search Photo of the Day column, where we find fun and interesting photos related to the search industry and share them with our readers.
Daily Search Forum Recap: June 29, 2022
Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Google said they communicate more often about algorithmic updates, not less. Google is testing snippets that expand to show more local intent information. Google product grid results are organic, not ads. Google is testing shaded background colors for shopping ads. Would you hire an SEO who doesn’t know the difference between crawling, indexing, rendering or ranking?
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: We Are Communicating About More Algorithm Updates
Another point from the Google NYC SEO Meetup the other night was that Danny Sullivan at Google said Google has been more active about communicating about algorithm updates now than ever before. Danny said Google communicates more often about algorithm updates, which is why it feels that there are so many more updates now than previously.
- Google Tests Expandable Local Related Carousels Within Snippets
Google is testing a search result snippet that shows a expandable drop down menus under the snippet that contains weather, hotels, restaurants, visual stories, events and more. When you click on these expandable menus, you get carousels of search results for those types of search features.
- Should All SEOs Know The Difference Between Crawling, Indexing, Rendering & Rankings?
At the Google NYC SEO Meetup Lily Ray mentioned that when it comes to interviewing new employees for the Amsive Digital SEO team, she asks a question you must get right or you are immediate dismissed. The question is, what is the difference between crawling, indexing, rendering and rankings.
- Google Product Grid Results Are Organic & Are Huge
We’ve been seeing a lot of grid-like formats with products and shopping results. We know some are ads and some are organic. John Mueller of Google just added official Google representative confirmation that many of these are organic – if you don’t trust that there is no ad label on them as evidence enough.
- Google Shopping Ads Carousel With Shaded Backgrounds
Google is using a gray shaded background color for some of the results within the Google Shopping Ads carousel. I was able to replicate this, where for some images, Google thinks a light gray background works better than a white background. This is not tiled, where every other result is shaded, it is based on some other algorithm, maybe the color of the photo of the product?
- GooglePlex Outdoor Play & Games
Here is a photo from a spot at the GooglePlex where Google has set up a nice and comfortable outdoor play area with outdoor games. This was shared on Instagram who posted “fun times at work.”
Other Great Search Threads:
- Brave Search Goggles, WebmasterWorld
- GA4 is a massive change from the status quo we know as Universal Analytics. To help, here’s the Ultimate Thread to learn: • Guide to get GA4 up & running • 10 reasons to implement GA4 today • How to build a Landing, Krista Seiden on Twitter
- Google ignores the changefreq setting in sitemaps, so you don’t need to do this at all., John Mueller on Twitter
- If you need something removed from the search results quickly, I’d just use the URL removal tool. If you want something to drop out, using noindex is fine. It doesn’t m, John Mueller on Twitter
- IT’S FINE! I WAS WRONG! If the server response with *ANYTHING* except 429/5xx then it CRAWLS AWAY but if it hits a 429/5xx it’ll use last successful robots.txt so just GET IT RIGHT *hahaha*, Judith Lewis on Twitter
- Work in journalism? Have opinions about Google products? We want to hear them. Take this survey, and help improve the Google News Initiative’s trainings on Google products. https://t.co/hbnVPFn9wH https://t.co/TomK, Google News Initiative on Twitter
- Don’t neglect technical SEO: Ever noticed that some URLs have ‘/’ at the end while others don’t? But any given URL ending with or without ‘/’ is the same, right? Well, yes. But not for Google. It treats them as dup, Kristina Azarenko on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Content Marketing
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
Have feedback on this daily recap; let me know on Twitter @rustybrick or @seroundtable, you can follow us on Facebook and make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or just contact us the old fashion way.
SEO in Real Life: Harnessing Visual Search for Optimization Opportunities
Daily Search Forum Recap: June 29, 2022
U.S. FCC Commissioner Requests Google & Apple To Ban TikTok
Facebook Launches New ‘Creator Collaborations’ Option to Help Boost Creator Exposure in the App
Work smarter, not harder, to give customers what they want
How Video Can Humanize Your Brand in 2022 & Other Insights from Wistia’s CEO
Subscription version of Snapchat makes its debut
RimWorld, the Acclaimed Sci-Fi Colony Management Sim, is Coming to Xbox on July 29
Would You Hire An SEO Who Doesn’t Know The Difference Between Crawling, Indexing, Rendering & Rankings?
How Virtual Reality is Revolutionizing Motion Pictures
Why Google Doesn’t Like Some SEO Metrics
Google Bar & Pool Table Room
How Software Systems Enhance the Performance of Gym Business?
9 Creative Company Profile Examples to Inspire You [Templates]
How to Calculate Your Lead Generation Goals [Free Calculator]
Strategizing Your Instagram Marketing – DigitalMarketer
6 Tactics to Boost Ecommerce Sales [Without Discounting]
Google Single URL Inspection Tool Dog
24 questions to ask identity resolution vendors during a demo
Good Web Sites Are Good For SEO, Says Google
SEARCHENGINES7 days ago
Google No Longer Lowers Importance Of Content Not Visible On Page
SEO5 days ago
New Updates To Google Page Experience Scoring Revealed At SEODay
GAMES6 days ago
What’s in a Season? More on Age IV Seasons Two and Three!
GAMES5 days ago
AI: The Somnium Files – nirvanA Initiative, Free DLC Available Now