Google is now also testing that grid layout for ads, not just for desktop results. Yes, Google launched on mobile a new visual grid layout. And now Google is testing it as a new ad format and on desktop search, which we covered earlier this morning.
Here is a GIF of the grid layout for Google Search ads in action from Saad AK who shared a vide of this on Twitter:
I am not 100% sure if this was not tested until now, but when I try to replicate this on my mobile devices, I cannot trigger this ad grid layout to come up in Google Search.
These grid layout for ads really really blends into the organic listings grid layout – don’t you think?
Forum discussion at Twitter.
Daily Search Forum Recap: September 29, 2022
Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Google had their Search On event yesterday and it was a lot of small announcements that can help searchers in a big way. Google Ads continues to have latency issues. Google said you should really avoid changing URLs. Google Posts may have an issue with submissions. Microsoft Bing is testing traffic analysis in the search results.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- All The Google Announcements From Search On 2022
We had another Google Search On event yesterday and in case you missed it or you simply do not want to read through a lot of fluff, here is the short version. Note, I am pretty sure we covered tests of all of these announcements in the past at this site, so everything should look familiar.
- Google Ads Continues To Suffer From Latency Issues
Google Ads continues to suffer from ongoing latency issues – mostly from the Google Ads console. This is the place advertisers go in and manage their ads. It has become a joke about how the console can slow down and become almost unusable.
- Google Really Wants You To Avoid Changing URLs Just For SEO Reasons
Google’s John Mueller has put down some strong language against changing your URLs for SEO reasons alone. He basically said in most cases, changing URLs will have a negative impact on SEO and that you probably should not change URLs just for SEO reasons.
- Bing Tests Traffic Analysis In Search Results Snippets
Microsoft Bing is testing displaying more details in the page insights overlay feature in search. Now Bing is showing traffic analysis, like monthly visitors, the geo-location of those visitors, how they found your site and more.
- Google Posts Submit Button Not Working For Some
Over the past 24 hours or so, there has been a ton of complaints that the Google Posts submit button is not working. I personally tested it and it seems to work for me, but a Google My Business help thread has tons of complaints about the Google Posts not submitting.
- Google Ballroom Dancing
Okay, this might not be ballroom dancing, I know very little about dancing, but you can see a video below of these Googlers dancing. The post on Instagram says it is during a lunch break.
Other Great Search Threads:
- According to some documents, Google was founded on September 27, 1998 (actually it was the 4th). But according to hard evidence, Google signed its first datacenter contract on September 25, 1998., Urs Holzle on Twitter
- I replied to another thread, but I suspect there’s just a bug here. We had something similar happen earlier this year with image search when time restricted, it showed very few images when there were more. Nothing, Danny Sullivan on Twitter
- I’m not aware of that going away. However, real-time would imply that it’s not 3-4 months, but rather ongoing, John Mueller on Twitter
- If a page is not indexed, how can its content be used for indexing? In practice, it’s more nuanced (there are very temporary edge cases), but I would assume noindexed page, John Mueller on Twitter
- Searching for [dart mission] on Google is pretty fun today., Danny Sullivan on Twitter
- Internet outages are happening more frequently worldwide, including in parts of Iran this week. Across Google, teams are working to make our tools broadly available, following the newly updated US sanctions applicabl, Google Public Policy on Twitter
- SEO prioritization is super hard – there are always tons of things you could do, but days are short :). Could you see measurable positive effects, John Mueller on Twitter
- You might not realize it, but Fred is a constant topic in German forums, John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Content Marketing
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
Have feedback on this daily recap; let me know on Twitter @rustybrick or @seroundtable, you can follow us on Facebook and make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or just contact us the old fashion way.
Critically-Acclaimed CRPG Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Comes to Xbox Today
Daily Search Forum Recap: September 29, 2022
LinkedIn Rolls Out 3 Updates To Pages
The Best Programming Languages for Web Services and Their Advantages In 2022
A Simple (But Effective) 14-Step SEO Audit & Checklist
How to avoid digital pollution and focus on your audience
LinkedIn Launches ‘Document Ads’, Offline Conversion Data Integration and More
How upskilling your paid advertising skills will tackle economic downturns
LinkedIn Adds New Features for Company Pages, Including Post Templates and Link Stickers
Get the Party Started in SongPop Party
How to Create UTM Tracking URLs on Google Analytics
Google Is Not Yet Done Rolling Out The Helpful Content Update
Google On Why Helpful Content Update Seems Quiet
Google Updates Documentation On Meta Descriptions
Explore the Path to Digital Future: Interconnect, Integrate and Innovate
3 Ways To Get More Push Notification Subscribers & Clicks (Examples)
Daily Search Forum Recap: September 5, 2022
Microsoft Advertising Gains Pinterest Import, More Google Imports, & More
Google Again Says Spikes In Crawling Activity Not A Sign Of The Helpful Content Update Rollout
How To Launch Your First Google Ads Remarketing Campaign