We’re looking for a new editor to join us in geeking out over modern marketing as we cover the exciting tactics, trends and technologies shaping the profession.
MarTech is currently recruiting for Managing Editor to coordinate the day-to-day publishing of news, features, newsletters, analysis, special projects and more.
As one of several authoritative journalists on the team, the Managing Editor also helps the Director of Events Content to create agendas for the MarTech Conference. The Managing Editor will also moderate panels and discussions at MarTech, and even may lead presentations on marketing developments.
This is a remote position.
Core job responsibilities
- Write daily news articles on developments in digital marketing, marketing operations, commerce marketing, marketing transformation, marketing technology and more.
- Regularly write feature articles, guides, and other forms of in-depth content to advance our mission to inform, engage, convene and support our audience of digital marketers.
- Manage day-to-day assignment flow for the site, leveraging daily meetings, editorial calendars and other digital tools to coordinate publishing.
- Coordinate our daily newsletters.
- Speak and moderate panel discussions and support agenda development for MarTech Conference.
- Edits some staff and contributed content.
Who we are looking for
While past experience covering marketing topics for a news or content marketing department is a plus, we know that any hard-charging reporter who knows the craft can learn a new beat, so it’s not a prerequisite. Instead, the perfect candidate is someone who:
- Is a hard-charging reporter with a passion for breaking news and engaging a readership
- Is endlessly curious about our subject matter
- Knows how to cultivate a large body of reliable authoritative sources
- Empathizes with our audience’s challenges
- Is a strong writer who holds the clarity and impact of a piece above flowery language, Oxford commas and whether it follows AP style, etc.
- Is confident on stage or leading a video-based discussion
- Has at least 5 years experience at a digital news outfit, newspaper, B2B media brand or in-house content marketing department
Who we serve
Today’s marketers wear many hats, from the digital marketers leveraging automation and content management applications to deliver campaigns, the marketing operations pros who orchestrate those systems for their organization, the data analysts who measure effectiveness, and the citizen developers who create new applications by leveraging software, apps and other no-code solutions. MarTech serves them all. Learn more about our mission here: https://martech.org/what-is-martech/
If you are interested, please email your resume and clips to Henry Powderly, VP of Content at email@example.com.