Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Ads Search Terms Report Gains 6.5X More Query Data
Google announced that the Google Ads search term report now has, on average, 6.5 times more query data than since the company hide search term data back in September 2020. Google said “we’re able to show you more queries that meet our privacy standards in the search terms report for Search and Dynamic Search Ads campaigns.”
- Search News Buzz Video Recap: Google Search Update 9/4, Bing Content Submission API, Recipe Rich Results & Google Ads Search Terms
This past Saturday, September 4th, there may have been another Google search ranking update. Microsoft Bing launched the content submission API out of beta. Google may automatically remove recipe rich results…
- Microsoft Advertising Search Ads Get Disclaimers, Tests Video Ads & More
Microsoft Advertising, in addition to the optimization score feature, announced or pre-announced a number of advertising updates. These include disclaimers can now show in your ads, also there are new inline appeals for product ads and vertical-based product ads, plus the company is piloting video ads on the Microsoft Audience Network.
- Microsoft Advertising Optimization Score
Microsoft announced Optimization Score for the Microsoft Advertising platform. Optimization Score available on the Recommendations tab in the platform.
- Google My Business Removes Site Manager User Role
Google has now removed the site manager role or user rights level for Google My Business users. Now I see three levels; (1) primary owner, (2) owner and (3) manager. Google sent out emails notifying about the removal of the “site manager” role going away.
- BrightonSEO Photos
I got to say, looking at the photos coming out of the first really big SEO conference, BrightonSEO, is amazing to see. It is a mixture of wow, people are back together with smiles and wow, people are
Other Great Search Threads:
- 🎭Oh, The Drama! #SearchOffTheRecord EP 23- 🎧→ https://t.co/H6fnwBaSGz 📖→ https://t.co/EJGJaHzkke ⏯→ https://t.co/22ii5KiXgH Hosts @JohnMu, @methode, @okaylizzi, and guest @Wysz 📜 give a dramatic, Google Search Central on Twitter
- For most sites where we do regular crawling, it’s up to 24 hours. On sites we we crawl a ton, we might fetch it more often. On sites where we rarely crawl, maybe we’ll cache it longer (eg, if we crawl 1 URL, John Mueller on Twitter
- I wouldn’t worry about Pagerank – think about what structure you want for the long term. Any merging or splitting of sites is going to cause short & mid-term fluctuations, so you need to think about what y, John Mueller on Twitter
- Things like this have come & gone over the years, it’s hard to say. Making it easier for users to discover other websites seems like a good thing for the broader ecosystem, though I can see how the more establis, John Mueller on Twitter
- Facebook Ray-Ban “Stories” Smart Glasses Go On Sale, WebmasterWorld
- One way to look at it might be “do you need a local business presence where potential customers will want to go?” If so, you probably want geotargeting. If you can do everything online, maybe not., John Mueller on Twitter
- Twitter Tests Communities, WebmasterWorld
Have feedback on this daily recap; let me know on Twitter @rustybrick or @seroundtable, you can follow us on Facebook and make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel or just contact us the old fashion way.
Entireweb Articles – Read the latest Articles and News in Search Engine related world!