Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- John Mueller Of Google: SEO Lives & Dies With Consistency
Google’s John Mueller reiterated on Twitter that consistency is the number one piece of SEO advice. He said last night that “SEO lives and dies with consistency.”
- Google Search Results For Products Get Larger
On the coattails of the Google product reviews update, the Google product search results features seem to be getting larger. Saad AK and Glenn Gabe, amongst others, have shared numerous screen shots of the new product boxes in Google Search.
- Google Image Searches Box With Bell Icon For Updates
Saad also spotted back in March Google testing showing that bell icon feature directly in the image search carousel box. The bell icon lets you tell Google you are interested in being pushed information about that topic via Google Discover and maybe Google Alerts (in the older days).
- Google Tests More Specific Searches Box
Can you be more specific says Google Search with this new “more specific searches” box in the search results. Mordy Oberstein was being super vague with Google and Google shot back at him to be more specific and even gave him a list of samples on how to be more specific.
- Microsoft Bing Tests Related Search Suggestions In Sticky Footer
Frank Sandtmann, an SEO consultant, sent me a screen capture of Microsoft Bing testing showing query refinements and search suggestions in a sticky footer user interface. As you scroll down the search results Bing shows you these “results related to” search query refinement options.
- Yellow Masked Android Statue At The GooglePlex
I keep finding new photos of the Android statues at the Google offices in Mountain View, California. It seems like they are all masked. We had a red masked and blue masked and now here is a yellow mas
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Bingbot, Robots.txt and Port 80, WebmasterWorld
- If you are getting this error when attempting to verify a Google My Business listing, do not worry, we Product Experts have alerted Google. “Sorry, we are having issues at the moment. Please try again later.” #localseo https:, Ben Fisher on Twitter
- Apple’s new ATT policies are rolling out today. Learn more about our latest guidance to help you adapt and achieve your campaign goals on iOS → https://t.co/yG5qTQcYRB and get answers to your top questions → https://t.co/k, Google Ads on Twitter
- Google Ads promoting anti-vaccination content. https://t.co/iZb885wZQx, Ali Tehrani on Twitter
- Google launched unpaid product listings within the Shopping tab globally in October of 2020. Am curious: do you use these product results while doing online shopping?, Brodie Clark on Twitter
- In general there’s no need to submit a single new page on a reasonably-sized site. We crawl sites regularly and look for new pages + we also check the sitemap file on our own regularly., John Mueller on Twitter
- Is it an indexable web page? Sometimes we treat things like image URLs as robotted for web-search so that we don’t accidentally try to crawl them for web-search., John Mueller on Twitter
- Seems like that info from last week was incorrect, you can see the subtype (Target ROAS or Target CPA) in the Bid Strategy Type column. Thanks @GoogleAds! #ppcchat https://t.co/su0rqGFdo5, Greg Finn on Twitter
- The Godfather 🐴 of SEO is joining Open Mic SEO on Clubhouse this week! Join @rustybrick as we talk about what’s new…. what’s old… and what you should know about SEO these days! It’s Open Mic #SEO… so it’s an open, Mordy Oberstein on Twitter
Entireweb Articles – Read the latest Articles and News in Search Engine related world!