Google is testing a dynamic keyword insertion feature for Google Shopping Ads where it may insert the material in the product if used in the searcher’s query. I do not know if this is 100% new or not but it might be.
Store Growers shared an example of this in action on Twitter saying “Google is changing product titles in Shopping Ads depending on the search query. In this case, it added the material mentioned in the product feed “gold” to the front of the existing titles.”
Here is the screenshot, click to enlarge it:
They went on to say “It certainly increases CTR, but it seems to pick products randomly to edit.” But they would like more visibility into when Google does this.
Will this new GMC feature be coming soon? 😅 pic.twitter.com/GFehMPPqZK
— Store Growers (@StoreGrowers) June 22, 2022
Have you seen this? Google has not yet commented on this…
Forum discussion at Twitter.
Daily Search Forum Recap: August 5, 2022
Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Google has shockingly said the Google product reviews update finished rolling out on August 2nd, despite us all thinking it would be done two weeks later. Google has a new way of handling searches with quotes in them. Google’s Things To Know feature has returned to the desktop results. Google is testing business listing photos as an overlay. Google Discover Ads gain features, insights, and Ads Editor and API support. Plus my weekly SEO video recap is live for you all to consume, like, subscribe and comment on. Have a great weekend everyone!
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- July 2022 Google Product Reviews Update Finished On August 2nd & No One Said Anything
So Google has finished the rollout of the July 2022 Google Product Reviews Update in a record-breaking fashion, in a six-day period. It even shocked Google because Google originally estimated 14-21 days for the rollout and Google didn’t even mention anything on its social channels about the update being done rolling out.
- Google Updates Searches With Quotes To Show Location Of Page That Contains Quoted Words
Google announced it has changed how it displays search results for queries that use queries. The search snippet will now display the portion of the page where the quotes match, so the searcher knows where to look on the page when clicking through to the URL.
- RankRanger: Google Things To Know Back In Desktop Search Results
About two weeks ago, Google stopped showing the Things To Know box in the desktop search results but don’t fret, it seems to be back now. RankRanger’s tracker tool spotted that the Things To Know box has returned to normal levels within Google Search.
- Google Business Listings Test Photo Overlay Interface In Web Search
Google seems to be testing overlaying the photos of some Google Business Profile listings in the web search results. Typically when you click on a photo in a Google Business Profile listing you are taken into the Google Maps interface to view the photos but this test simply overlays the photos on top of the web search results.
- Google Ads Editor & API Now Support Discovery Ads, Plus New Audience Insights
Google announced a bunch of new things for Google Discover Ads yesterday. They include that the Google Ads Editor and Google Ads API now support Discovery ads, there are new audience insights at the Discovery campaign level, and new support for images with text overlays.
- Search News Buzz Video Recap: Google Product Reviews Update Done, Blogger SEO Best Practices, Mobile-First Indexing Alive, SEO Rants & Much More
Shockingly, Google finished rolling out the Google product reviews update on August 2nd and didn’t even tell us on social. We are seeing some volatility and fluctuations in Google Search may be due to the Google Product Reviews…
- Outside Of The Google Chicago Subway Cars
We have posted numerous photos of the subway cars on the rooftop of the Google Chicago office before, just search this site. But this one shows a wider view and shows how really long this is. I always
Other Great Search Threads:
- Based on analyzing the July Product Reviews Update (which is still rolling out), I wanted to share some interesting SERP features I’ve seen that can help users while researching. E.g. From the web w/carousels, Buying Guides br, Glenn Gabe on Twitter
- Did you know: LSA Reviews Can totally be bought and are a huge ranking factor. “$4,000 for 1,500 reviews was a recent quote., Ben Fisher on Twitter
- It links to a specific part of a page ( https://t.co/zjDJaSF1tm ). In the case of your site, it loads so slowly that it doesn’t seem to work., John Mueller on Twitter
- Perhaps, instead of assuming there’s some secret SEO juice attracted / detracted from these pages, consider what it is you want to achieve with them, and wha, John Mueller on Twitter
- I’m guessing it’s ranking either for different queries, or in a different way. Average ranking is tricky since it includes highs and lows. One way to find out more is to try to dril, John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Content Marketing
Local & Maps
Have feedback on this daily recap; let me know on Twitter @rustybrick or @seroundtable, you can follow us on Facebook and make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or just contact us the old fashion way.
Daily Search Forum Recap: August 5, 2022
WordPress Gutenberg 13.8 Offers Greater Editing Flexibility
Only 38% of marketers very confident in their customer data and analytics systems
benny blanco, BTS, and Snoop Dogg Reveal First-Ever Xbox Singing Controller
July 2022 Google Product Reviews Update Finished On August 2nd
7 Ways To Improve The Conversion Rate Of Your Funnel
Google Updates Search Snippets For Product Review Pages
Instagram Expands NFT Display Options to More Than 100 Regions
Developing a Niche Marketing Strategy that Drives Growth [+ Examples]
Next Week on Xbox: August 8 to 12
Being In Close Contact With Google Doesn’t Benefit You
15 Excel Formulas, Keyboard Shortcuts & Tricks That’ll Save You Lots of Time
Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update On July 10th
A Comprehensive Guide to Local SEO in 2022
5 Ways To Check If Google Analytics Is Working
Google People Also Ask Huge Drop Off
How Do Enterprise & SaaS Marketing Software Solutions Differ?
The Ultimate Guide to Google Ads [Examples]
Google Testing More List View Top Stories With News Taking Over Web Results
Top 7 Ecommerce Podcasts You Should Listen to in 2022
PPC6 days ago
Five Ways to Use AI to Improve Copywriting and PPC Performance
SEARCHENGINES5 days ago
Tracking Tools Finally Noticing The Google Product Reviews Update Volatility?
SEO6 days ago
Vulnerability Found In WordPress Gutenberg Plugin?
MARKETING5 days ago
How Tiktok Live Can Help You Boost Your Sales